Dying and letting go
Sunday June 21st, July 12th and August 2nd 2020
10 am - 5 pm
vegan/vegetarian lunch included
In case we are not allowed to come together due to the corona measures, the first two days we will meet online by Zoom (which is very easy to install and in use - links will be sent to you).
For the third day it is important that we are together, so if necessary we will choose a new date.
On the 21st of June there is a solar eclipse. And it is the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, the summit of light , but it carries also the inevitable promise that the days from then on will get shorter again and the nights longer. A perfect day to reflect on our own death and of those we love. For one thing we know for sure being alive, one day we will die.
In these 3 days we will:
- approach death and dying from different perspectives: Western occultism (H.P. Blavatsky and Alice A. Bailey), Egyptian mythology, Tibetan buddhism...
- prepare ourselves to die and let go and go through the process of saying farewell and dying, which may cause deep healing, forgiveness, acceptance en more love for life
- make our own death mask en be a spectator of our own death and funeral
- meditate on death and dying
- read excerpts from the Tibetan Book of the Dead
- read excerpts from the Egyptian Book of the Dead
- study sleep as the "little death"
The words "earth to earth and dust to dust," so familiar in the burial rituals of the Occident ... connote the return of the physical body elements to the original reservoir of matter, and of the substance of the vital form to the general etheric reservoir; the words "the spirit shall return unto God who gave it" are a distorted reference to the absorption of the soul by the universal soul. The ordinary rituals, however, fail to emphasise that it is that individualised soul, in process of reabsorption, which institutes and orders, by an act of the spiritual will, that restitution.
Alice A. Bailey - Esoteric Healing
You say there are as yet only beliefs as to immortality, and no sure evidences. In the accumulation of testimony, in the inner assurances of the human heart, in the fact of belief in eternal persistence as an idea in the minds of men, lie sure indication."
Alice A. Bailey - A treatise on White Magic
by Hilde De Smet
107 euros a day, 321 euros for the 3 days
vegan/vegetarian meals lunch included
Registration : by clicking on the event below
by email (email@example.com) and payment by bank transfer on BE72 0015 2745 0916 BIC GEBABEBB (Hilde De Smet)
Nobody will be excluded for financial reasons. Feel free to contact.